First Look: Two New PS4 Pro Controllers
Today, 10/26, on the official PlayStation Blog, they excitedly posted about two new PlayStation 4 Pro Controllers. The Razer Raiju and Nacon Revolution, two “officially licensed pro controllers coming to the SIEE region for PS4 this year.”
To give our competitive and pro players more of a choice in their gaming controllers, Sony invited Razer and Nacon to help out. Since they are both known for their knowledge in developing eSports peripherals, they lent a hand in designing two unique pro controllers for the PS4.
The Razer team’s been making PC peripherals for years and it is no wonder that Sony asked for their help. Their background made them an ideal partner to create a tournament-grade controller for PS4.
“Designed for conquering professional eSports tournaments, the Razer Raiju is equipped with advanced controller customisation and ergonomics.” According to the PlayStation Blog, its features include:
- Two extra bumpers and two extra detachable triggers
- Built-in control panel on the front of the controller
- Trigger-stop switches and hair trigger mode for ultra-fast trigger responses
- Two custom profiles which you can instantly switch between and modify
- 3.5mm headset jack and dedicated headset volume and mic mute controls
- Detachable analog stick rubber caps which provide extra grip during intense gaming sessions
- Compatibility with all PS4 systems via the braided 3m-long USB cable – detachable for easy storage
The Razer Raiju will launch this holiday season and you can sign up to receive more information about it here.
“Developed with the eSport player in mind,” the Nacon team of industrial designers and engineers actually collaborated with pro-gamers to develop the Revolution Pro Controller. They tried to “meet a wide range of their gameplay needs”
Thanks to this collaboration, the Revolution Pro Controller features include:
- 46° amplitude dual analogue sticks, enhanced with innovative firmware for advanced eSports accuracy and reach
- Four extra shortcut buttons
- Eight-way directional pad
- Four custom profiles – all configurable via the companion PC application, enabling players to: re-map buttons, assign macros to the four shortcut controls and adjust analog and trigger sensitivity
- Two internal compartments with six additional weights – for a tailored balance and feel
- Compatibility with all PS4 systems via the 3m-long secure connection USB cable – detachable for easy storage
The Revolution Pro Controller will also be available this holiday season, although no official date has been given for either controller. You can visit the Nacon website here for more information.
Johnny and his beard live in NY where he obsesses over breakfast cereals and Bob’s Burgers. You can find him on Twitter spouting nonsensically @SomeBeardy2Love