The @TEKKEN World Tour 2017 goes online!
Hey, fighting gamers! Have you had this burning desire to compete in the Tekken World Tour? Are you unable to travel to any events to do so?
You’re in luck, then. Bandai Namco’s Tekken team has partnered with Level Up Productions to bring you Tekken World Tour Online 2017!
— TEKKEN 7 (@TEKKEN) August 9, 2017
Similar to the online circuit for the Capcom Pro Tour, Bandai Namco has partnered with Level Up Productions to bring you a series of Tekken 7 ranking events where league points will be at stake. These points will be your means of boosting your standards in the leaderboard assigned to your region, including North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
For those about to mourn their lack of a Playstation 4, here’s an interesting tidbit to note: the TWT has been expanded to cover multiple platforms, meaning that you’ll be able to compete online from your Playstation 4, Xbox One and/or PC! However, players are limited to one platform when competing in the TWT’s online circuit.
There will be seven online brackets overall, each of which is committed to a specified region (such as NA’s East Coast and Australia). Each bracket will be split across two days, with preliminaries happening on Sunday and the Top 4 finals following on either Tuesday or Wednesday. Time zones will differ depending on the region that has an online bracket in progress.
Regions are classified as follows:
– Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Russia (except individuals located in Crimea), Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, and Ukraine (except individuals located in Crimea)
– Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France (not including its overseas collectivities or regions), Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands (not including its municipalities or the other constituent countries of the Kingdom of the Netherlands), Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and United Kingdom of Great Britain (not including its overseas territories) and Northern Ireland
– Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Brunswick, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Newfoundland and Labrador, North Carolina, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
– Alaska, Alberta, Arizona, British Columbia, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Manitoba, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Saskatchewan, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Oregon, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Yukon.
– Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
– China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, South Korea, and Taiwan.
League points will be distributed to those who place in the Top 8 of their bracket. Below are the amounts awarded to the players depending on their result:
- 1st place: 70 points
- 2nd place: 45 points
- 3rd place: 25 points
- 4th place: 10 points
- 5th place tie: 5 points (each)
- 7th place tie: 1 points (each)
The first bracket will occur in Australia this Sunday, August 13th.
Should you wish to sign up for TWT Online, head to www.smash.gg/twtonline and find the bracket corresponding to your region. Entry is completely free and there is no age limit in effect.
For a complete overview of the rules for TWT Online, you can check out their page here.
GET READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE! While you’re at it, support Tekken by following our blog and the pages below: