Street Fighter V PC Beta is now live!
Today, the Street Fighter V PC Beta has gone live! Players can now download the client at its Steam page here.
The beta is completely free to play and will be available until April 3rd. Because its goal is to test the improvements made to the Capcom Fighters Network, only the online features will be available in the beta. Additionally, players will get a sneak peek at the balance adjustments that will be introduced by an upcoming patch – more on that here. All characters that have been released thus far will be available to play, even if you have not initially unlocked them in the game’s current version.
— Street Fighter (@StreetFighter) March 28, 2017
We fully expect to see live streams of the beta popping up on the Internet. We’ll certainly be keeping an eye out to see the effects of the new netcode and the patch.
Unfortunately for the console players, no plans to launch the beta on the Playstation 4 have been announced at this time.
So what improvements were made to the CFN, you wonder? You can check out the notes about that here, but we’ll copy and paste the list for your convenience:
- Matchmaking Improvements – For most players, it will take less time to find an opponent in online matches. Matchmaking logic will help players avoid being frequently matched with the same opponent.
- Ranked and Casual Match Loading Times –There will be a shorter transition when going into a Ranked or Casual match.
- Interactive Timeline – On the new CFN home menu, a live feed of Friends’ activities will be presented on an interactive Timeline. Using the Timeline, players can immediately add a recent match to their Replay List, view a Fighter Profile, manage Friends, and adjust Timeline display settings.
- Friend Management System – In addition to adding someone to Favorites, players can now blacklist players or add friends and follow them on CFN.
- “Rage Quit” Penalty System – Special “rage quit” player profile icons will appear on profiles with frequent disconnections. Matchmaking logic will take into account online behavior and frequent disconnectors will be matched with similar opponents.
- Training Mode – User Settings Saved – Training Mode settings will be saved and will carry over to the next time the mode is accessed.
- Battle Lounge Country Flags – Country flags will appear in Battle Lounges, allowing players to locate competition in their region.
- Country / League Based Rankings – Players will be able to filter leaderboards based on Country or League.
- In-Game Announcer Voice – The in-game announcer will provide players and opponents with stats using data pulled from the server.