Patch Notes for @InjusticeGame 2’s September Update
Sad that Labor Day is over? Well, Injustice 2 players are about to have one less reason to lament its passing.
Version 1.08 has launched for the game as of today, to be downloaded on both the Playstation 4 and the Xbox One. The update consists largely of bug fixes, but it also introduces the highly anticipated upgrade to the online ranked system. As promised by NRS, players will now be able to play Ranked Sets, which abide by a best three-of-five format. Additionally, players can now enter matches with Competitive Mode enabled right off the bat.
The September Update for Injustice 2 is here! Check out the patch notes: https://t.co/Hg73KJbMYV
— Injustice2 (@InjusticeGame) September 5, 2017
Below is a glimpse at the September patch notes regarding general gameplay fixes. Read on or click this link to learn more.
General Gameplay fixes
- General stability and Online stability improvements
- Move list corrections and improvements to AI logic
- Online Ranked Match has been replaced with Ranked Set which are first to 3 wins
- Player Match and Private Match can now be searched with Competitive Mode On
- From within an Online Lobby Room you can now challenge player to 1v1 and KOTH matches with Competitive Mode On
- Fixed a rare issue where placing a wager during Clash with high latency on some controller configurations could result in the wrong bet being used
- Added Xbox Arena support for User Generated Tournaments on Xbox One
- Player can now equip gear dropped after a match or from a Mother Box to that character’s current default loadout
- Gear can now be bulk selected in a characters inventory screen with simple and advanced filters
- Gear can marked as favorite which prevents it from being sold or deleted
- Fixed many special moves being affected by the strength attribute instead of the ability attribute. Swamp Thing and Bane have had some damage increases noted below to compensate for this
- Fix for some character select and character viewer animations on premier skins
- Fixes to visual effects priority with Scarecrow’s & Cyborg’s supermoves
- Fixed audio issues with several attacks being interrupted
- Multiverse – fix for Swamp Thing’s sidekick being able to make a character unresponsive if interrupted with specific timing
- Several Gear Abilities with Down, Down inputs that were still not changed to require a more precise input when buffered now do so
- Fixed an issue which was preventing Starfire Gear Abilities from dropping from Mother Boxes and Multiverse Event rewards
- Completion requirements have been reduced for all Guild Mulltiverse Tiers
- AI Loadouts can now be used in Guild Multiverse Events
According to the update log on the PS4’s update history, the patch also introduces support for Black Manta, who is scheduled to arrive later this month. However, he is not visible at the character select screen at this time.
What follows the general adjustments is a list of stage specific fixes and character fixes, which mostly consist of bug fixes. However, a small collection of balance adjustments have been spotted among the notes. If you play Starfire, Bane or Sub-Zero, you may want to take notice.
Notes for the named characters will be copied and pasted below for your convenience.
- Bane – Heavy Hammer (Light, Light, Medium, Down) and Fist Slam (Towards + Medium, Down) recovery on hit increased by 2
- Bane – Increased Base damage on several special moves by 1 to compensate for them being now being correctly adjusted by the Ability stat
- Starfire – Reduced the base damage of My Little Bumgorf (Light, Light), Grishnik Got Your Tongue? (Medium, Light), and Call Your Knorfka? (Medium, Hard) by 1
- Starfire – Reduced the base damage of Star Strikes (Away + Medium) by 2
- Starfire – Increased combo damage scaling when canceling into Starbolt character power
- Starfire – Side Scratch (Down + Light) has 2 less cancel advantage
- Starfire – Burning Desire & Shooting Star base damage reduced by 1
- Starfire – Reduced base damage of Star Dust by 2 and Star Dust MeterBurn by 1
- Starfire – Tamaranean Charge is now airborne on frame 4
- Starfire – Star Slam gear ability can now be directed close
- Starfire – Fixed a bug which could cause some lingering visual FX after end of round win animation
- Starfire – Fixed some hair clipping issues
- Subzero – Function-Kneeing Properly (Hard) has its hitregion adjusted, has 10 less frames of recovery on hit/block/miss, 10 less frames of blockstun, and slightly less pushback on block
- Subzero – Killing Blow (Hard, Hard) had its hitregion adjusted
- Subzero – Low Chop (Down + Light) has 1 more frame of cancel advantage, 2 more frames of recovery, and has 1 more hit advantage
- Subzero – . Fixed rare issue where several attacks when pushing an opponent into Ice Klone which would cause it to have slightly reduced blockstun
Injustice 2 is currently available for the Playstation 4 and Xbox One.