Patch 2.56 – The Dragon’s Chest is live for @Brawlhalla!
Today, the Brawlhalla team implemented another patch into the game’s servers. This one isn’t exactly focused on balance due to the balance lock put in for CEO Dreamland, which occurs this weekend in Orlando, but it offers performance improvements and updates for the Wall Slip test feature. It also introduces a product to be purchased in the store, known as The Dragon’s Chest.
Patch 2.56 – The Dragon's Chest is now live! Everyone have fun!
— Brawlhalla (@Brawlhalla) April 12, 2017
The Dragon’s Chest
The glorious treasures long hoarded by a dangerous dragon are now available for purchase in Mallhalla! The Dragon’s Chest contains 18 Legend Skins total and three unique skins that are:
- Elven Ranger Diana
- Lord Sentinel
- Dragonslayer Val
Mordex Price Reduction
- After his first two weeks of monstrous villainy across Brawlhalla, Mordex gold cost has been reduced to 5400!
New Brawl of the Week!
- Switchcraft 1v1! Choose your three favorite legends and enjoy the chaos.
- Improved client rendering performance slightly.
- Improved memory usage and performance of the Blasters kit.
Modified Test Features
After spending too much time out of combat offstage, a player will start to enter a Wall Slip state.
- Once the conditions have been met, the player has three wall touches before all of their recovery options are removed – aerial jumps, Recover, and Dodge will be disabled until returning to the stage.
- Warning FX play to signify that these chances are being used up – “!”, “!!”, and “!!!”.
- The player is locked into an animation for 23 frames on the final wall touch.
- Mordex Down Scythe: Decreased Force on default behavior from 51 Variable/60 Fixed to 47 Variable/60 Fixed; Decreased Force on forward input version from 50 Variable/60 Fixed to 44 Variable/60 Fixed.
- Mordex Side Gauntlet: Decreased Force from 57 Variable/72 Fixed to 54 Variable/70 Fixed.
New Legend Rotation
This week’s Legend Rotation features Asuri, Azoth, Brynn, Cross, Scarlet and Thatch.
- Fixed a bug that caused the ‘Ready to Brawl’ banners to not display when quickly re-readying after backing out.
- Gauntlets Neutral Light: Fixed a case where the target could be dropped before the final hit. (Credit: Dobrein)
- Scythe Recovery: Fixed a case where soft platforms could cause the target to be dropped before the final hit. (Credit: Ephi)
While we have in fact provided all the summarized changes, the developers have gone into detail at their official blog regarding their adjustments to Wall Slip and Mordex Balance. We advise heading over to their page to get the full scoop.
The servers temporarily went down today while the team went to work implementing the patch. They should now be available again for you to log on to. The game is currently available for PC (you can download it here), but a release for the Playstation 4 is scheduled for this year!
Additionally, we’d like to point out once again that we’ve partnered with the Brawlhalla Circuit to present the Legend Series, a group of online brackets for North America and Europe. See this post for more information.
For more news on Brawlhalla, follow this blog and the pages below: