Overwatch’s Year Of The Rooster Event Ready To Play
- New event game modes have historically been assigned to one specific map in the game, and it seems that Lijiang Tower will – fittingly enough – be the home of this latest mode. However, this is not confirmed and could also be in other maps.
- Anyone can collect the flag for their team.
- There’s a very brief moment in the trailer at 1:08 where you can see a red and a blue flag on the battlefield simultaneously.
- It’s not entirely certain, but we do not see Roadhog rushing to pick up the flag after Tracer drops it, which suggests you can’t steal the enemy team’s flag.
- Based on the above, we have to speculate that the objective is to maximise the time you hold onto your own flag, while simultaneously disrupting the enemy team’s possession. If this is correct, there’ll likely be a timer related to the event.
Which Skin are you most looking forward to? Tell us on Twitter!
Johnny and his beard are soaking up the sun right now in the sunshine state. Relaxing by the pool and drinking all before the chaos that is PAX South. Will you be there? Come say hi! Otherwise follow his mutterings on Twitter at @SomeBeardy2Love