MLG Announce Overwatch North America Invitational Teams
If you are an Overwatch fan than you should be paying attention to the MLG North American Invitation. The MLG will be taking place in Las Vegas on December 16th to the 18th and will be hosted at Mandalay Bay. However, fans that are not able to attend the MLG event in person can catch the action broadcast live on MLG.tv
It will be first tournament to feature MLG’s Enhanced Viewing Experience technology, which lets fans “dive deeper into the stats, players, and teams during the broadcast.” There are eight major teams competing throughout the weekend for a $100,000 prize pool:
- Cloud 9 – North American eSports organisation currently fielding teams in Hearthstone, League of Legends, Smite, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Dota 2, Heroes of the Storm, Halo, CS:GO and Overwatch. C9 first started out as a small League of Legends team.
- CompLexity – Complexity has a long heritage of championship caliber teams, superstar players, news reporting and gaming entertainment ventures. compLexity’s gamers have been featured by numerous mainstream media outlets. In August The entire Team SoloMid squad transfers to compLexity Gaming.
- EnVyUS – an American eSports organization founded in 2007 who used to be mainly known for their competitive Call of Duty background.
- FaZe Clan – mostly known for its presence in the Call of Duty scene. Although only formed back in June, for Overwatch, they have gone through a number of team changes until they finalized everyone in August.
- Fnatic – organization with registered offices in England, Australia and the Netherlands. Fnatic is considered as a European team. In July Fnatic announced a new roster yet 3 months later, André “iddqd” Dahlström, one of their main DPS leaders, stepped down as starter.
- Team Liquid – Announces their entry into the Overwatch scene back in March with the signing of The Life of Hanzo
- NRG – Formed by co-owners of the NBA’s Sacramento Kings purchased the LCS spot of Team Coast’s League of Legends team.
- Rise Nation – Formed back in August their Overwatch team has only participated in minor competitions until this MLG event.
While you can watch online, those that are interested in attending can purchase tickets online. Prices start at $50 for general admission to MLG Vegas. However, there are also VIP tickets for $150 that include; A three day entrance to the event, plus End Game access, VIP Hoodie, VIP Seating, Early Access to the venue, VIP Check-in, and VIP Lounge Access.
Overwatch won’t be the only games at the event, it will also play host to the first North American Regional for the Call of Duty World League as well as End Game.
Johnny and his beard live in NY where he obsesses over breakfast cereals and Bob’s Burgers. You can find him on Twitter spouting nonsensically @SomeBeardy2Love