It’s been awhile since we’ve given you a full update but so much has happened!
NEW BETA CHAT ROLLOUT
We just rolled out our new chat, which you can opt in to here. We’d love to hear what you think via Discord or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Thanks so much to everyone who’s already given us feedback and reported issues – we’re squashing those bugs as quickly as we can!
- When you click on a username in chat, you’ll get a user card with information about that user as well as icons for Follow, Whisper and Ignore. If you’re a moderator or channel owner, you’ll also see moderation actions for Mute, Mod and Ban. You’ll also see a second tab called “Messages” where you can go back through their message history and, if you’re a moderator or channel owner, delete past messages.
- When you begin to type a chat command in the chat input box, you’ll know see suggestions / instructions for the chat command you’re typing.
- The roster roles are now split up into tabs instead of in a dropdown.
- You can now pop out chat in multistream channels 😮
- And much more…!
What’s not new:
We know a lot of users have been reporting issues with linked chat. Unfortunately some of these issues will persist in the new chat but we do have a solution prepared. Once we’ve worked out the bugs in this new chat and are able to roll it out permanently, we’ll start implementing that solution. We appreciate your patience!
VALENTINE’S DAY STICKERS
Starting today you can share the love with our brand new Valentine’s Day stickers! Keep an eye out for contest bonus points. 😉
EXTEND YOUR ARCHIVE EXPIRATION DATE
You can now use sparkles to extend your archive expiration date. Currently, archives expire and are deleted after 45 days. If you’d like to keep that archive on your channel for a little bit longer, you can purchase sparkles and extend the expiration date by 1 month, 6 months or a year.
UPDATED PAYMENT PROVIDER
We know a lot of you were having issues with managing your recurring subscriptions. We’ve switched one of our payment providers to help improve this user experience as well as improve subscription-related features in general. All new PayPal subscriptions will be handled through our new provider. Old subscriptions will continue as usual until you cancel and re-subscribe manually.
Be on the lookout for more benefits for your subscribers and more ways to subscribe coming in 2018! If you have ideas for features you’d like access to as a subscriber, please let us know on our idea wall!
SOURCE OPTION ON VIDEO QUALITY SELECTOR
Now you can select the original source quality when viewing live and archived streams, when available. The source quality will usually be your best option for getting the most out of your stream viewing experience!
We’ve been work hard to bring you the features you’ve been asking for as well as improving stability and stream quality. Here are a few of the things you can look forward to in 2018:
- Major updates to both our Android and iOS apps
- More subscription-related features, including better user experience and more ways to subscribe
- Referral rewards
- A brand new way for streamers and viewers to come together as a community and work together to promote their own brand as well as the content they support
- More iterations in the new chat
- Updates to stickers 😮
- More ways to keep your channel active, even when you can’t be live
Stay tuned for a great 2018!
We’d love to hear from you! If you have questions or ideas, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com or post on our Ideal Wall! You can also discuss features and get help from the community by joining our Discord.