Heroes Of The Storm Update 2.0 Brings All New Material To The Table
The good people at Blizzard have been pretty busy, first with a remake of Starcraft coming, then when an all-new update to World of Warcraft and now at Blizzard’s Heroes of the Storm Spring Summit this past Monday, the iconic developer revealed significant changes to its game, which will be encompassed by its new 2.0 update. Today, Game Director Alan Dabiri, released a video explaining how far Heroes has come and all the new things coming to the MOBA game. Among the changes are an overhauled progression system, the addition of loot chests, a bevy of cosmetic items, a tweaked currency system, and a new character named Cassia. You can check it out below.
Heroes of the Storm will no longer have level caps after the 2.0 update. Player progression is currently capped at level 40 and individual heroes at level 20. Along with removing the ceiling, XP gaps between each level will also be reduced to make for faster, more frequent progression. This is due in large part to the rewards that will be tied to player progress.
- Avoidance (Trait) – Grants her 65 physical armor when moving unmounted, meaning she’ll take 65 percent less damage from basic attacks.
- Lightning Fury (Ability) – A javelin projectile that splits into two bolts that can hit nearby enemies.
- Blinding Light (Ability) – An area-of-effect (AoE) ability that blinds enemies in its target area for two seconds. It takes 0.5 seconds to activate. Cassia also deals 15 percent extra damage to blinded enemies.
- Fend (Ability) – Cassia charges with a flurry attack that damages targets every 0.25 seconds for 1.5 seconds. Multiple targets can be hit within a small range, but Cassia is immobile for the duration of Fend.
- Ball Lightning (Heroic Ability) – A projectile that can bounce around enemies up to six times, dealing damage with every hit.
- Valkyrie (Heroic Ability) – Summoning a Valkyrie will pull and damage the first enemy hero hit and stun them for 0.5 seconds. Enemies in the path will be knocked back. This ability takes 0.75 seconds to activate.